Facts About Acupressure2
History—More than 5000 years back, the Chinese found that putting weight on specific areas of the body helped relieve the pain, and assisted with elements of the inner body. From that point forward, the Chinese have utilized pressure point massage as a method for wellbeing and it has spread throughout the world.
What is Acupressure?
According to Acupressure.com, “Acupressure is an ancient healing art using the fingers to gradually press key healing points, which stimulate the body’s natural self-curative abilities”. Acupressure is used to relieve a variety of stress induced symptoms that have been relieved through effectively applying pressure.
Acupressure has been known to relieve:
- Reduce stress
- Improve blood circulation
- Decrease pain
- Enhance spirituality
- According to Acupressure.com
How Does it Work? – Acupressure points are regions on the body that are exceptionally responsive to our bioelectrical impulses. At the point when these points are impacted with pressure, endorphins are discharged. Endorphins are natural opiates released under stress. Research indicates that endorphin release increases during exercise (ex: clapping) which has been shown to produce a sense of greater well-being, relieve pain, and promote blood flow.3
The following health benefits are associated with clapping:1
- Clapping plays an important role in curing heart and lungs related problems like asthma.
- Provides relief from back, neck, and joint pain.
- You can also get relief from gout
- Helpful for patients of low blood pressure
- Clapping is an effective therapy for digestive disorders.
- Clapping benefits adults. When adults engage in clapping they feel less tense and their mood improves. They also become more focused and alert.
- Clapping sharpens the brain.
- Clapping increases immunity and thus keeps diseases at bay.
- Half an hour of daily clapping helps those suffering from the following:
- Chronic Headaches
- Common Cold
- Eye problems and hair loss
- People living in air-conditioned houses and working in offices who do not sweat at all should practice clapping therapy as it would help blood circulation in the body and cleanse it fully.