Step #6: Promotion
Everyone is a key part of promoting your Clap4Health!℠ Program on your campus and throughout the community. School staff, students, and parents all play a key role in the success of your program. Your website and social media sites offer timely and broad distribution of promotion.
- Campus calendars, internal announcements, lounge/break room areas should all have information listed for the Clap4Health!℠ Event
- Create a spirit day for staff to wear a particular color in promotion of the event
- Ask staff to volunteer at the event and promote in their classrooms and offices
- At a school assembly, hold a schoolwide kickoff celebration and make announcements on the PA
- Ask teachers to spend a few minutes in each class discussing the event, the purpose and details
- Discuss incentives for participation and levels of fundraising
- Set up a bulletin board or wall to promote the event and have students participate in creating it
- Mark your calendar/save the date info sent home 3–4 weeks before event
- Communicate to parents using email, texts, newsletter, postcards regarding the event
- Send donation collection details to parents and clearly explain options (donation envelope, website, and due date for all donations
- Involve any parent groups/organizations
There are a number of videos on our website to serve as examples of how Clap4Health!℠ Comes to life with people, music, and fun! Check it out at: https://shapeupus.org/clap-4-health/videos/
Check out and use these resources provided in the appendix in your promotion, heart healthy educational programs/classroom presentations/lesson plans, on your website/social media, and even when sending home material leading up to the event.