Step #4: Set Fundraising Goal

Depending on the size of your organization, the heart-healthy initiatives you wish to incorporate, and the collective ideas your planning team has discussed, set a fundraising goal that yields a result that has an impact on your organization. You can garner support by sharing your vision of what these fundraising dollars will be dedicated to and by promoting your participation incentive plans.


20% of all funds raised will go directly to a non-profit of your choice to provide and enhance physical fitness, nutritional education, and foster healthy habits. The remaining 80% will provide the Hip Hop Healthy Heart Program For Children™ at the school of your choice for as many teachers as possible with the funds raised.

Additional Ideas:

  1. Outdoor adventure program opportunities/field trips/events focused on physical fitness, nutrition and well-being
  2. Wellness workshops and material
  3. Farmer’s Market—event with nutritional workshops
  4. Create/expand upon wellness education digital resources (website, eBooks/material, newsletters, social media)
  5. ShapeUp for Parents
  6. ShapeUp for Community
  7. Fitness classes
  8. Line dancing with “Clapping”

Encourage everyone to set a personal fundraising goal and motivate them using the incentives you decide upon.

Top Fundraiser incentives:

  • “Rock Star” for-the-Day
  • Healthiest Organization
  • Vacation pass for a day
  • Shape Up US Health and Wellness Expo for your organization
  • Organization-wide goal incentive
  • Tickets for two to an aquarium, butterfly house, zoo, botanical garden, etc.
  • Fun Healthy Lunch Provided
  • Health Day Vacation
  • Massage, Facial, Manicure or Pedicure
  • Free Day
  • Extra time just for you!

Collecting Donations:

You have several ways to collect your event donations leading up to, during, and following your event:

  1. Send participants home with an overview of yourClap4Health!℠ Event, fundraising goals, and a pledge form with due date.
  2. Go to website to set up your organization or corporation.

Here are some ways to spread the word about theClap4Health!℠ Fundraising Event:

  1. Post flyers around your community (always ask first!), Wellness Center, and at places you frequent (clubs, organizations, social groups, gyms, recreation centers, etc.).
  2. Ask your employees to hang flyers/email info to their contacts.
  3. Hand out flyers to friends, relatives, neighbors that you know and post on your social media.
  4. Send emails to friends and family.
  5. Think “outside the box” and be creative

Your organization can post a customized Clap4Health!℠ webpage to promote the event, collect donations, and provide event details. Add to your website.